Monday, September 5, 2011

Pieces of Peace


There is an amazing website for unique shirts and I found one that had the best design. (threadless.com you need to check it out!!) But instead of buying the shirt I decided to make the design myself and use it as wall art.
What you'll need:
  • old wood board
  • metal brush
  • spray paint
  • acrylic paint
  • small paint brush
  • peace stencil
 How to:
  1. Using the metal brush, brush away any dirt or debris on your board. Remember to go with the grain of the wood.
  2. Spray paint many light coats of paint. You don't want it to have blotches or drips.
  3. I just printed a peace sign of the internet to use as my stencil. I used a pencil and outlined it, you may want to cut it in peices, but I found it easy to just use it as a whole.
  4. After it is stenciled, use a small paint brush and paint in the lines. My board was very grainy, so it took several coats to get it so it didn't look streaky.
I love mine. It's unique, and not just something you find at a store. You can make it simple or amp it up, the fun thing about this project is you can mix your creativitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment