I was dreading having to take my sister and her fiance's engagement photos, and kept putting it off until they practically cornered me one night. I didn't want to be at fault if they didn't turn out how they envisioned them... BUT I ended up having a blast. They turned out wonderful and I am happy to say that I am the photographer. Here are some of my favorites.
Sunday, July 24, 2011
Feathers, feathers, feathers...Everywhere you go you see women with feather earrings. Here is a quick and fun way to get the look without spending a lot. This is just the basic earring, you can have a little fun with it and use other embellishments.
Things you'll need:
- beading wire
- earring loops
- needle nose pliers
- craft feathers (one of my sisters has a parrot, so I actually used real feathers)
- First pick out the feathers you want to use. Some craft feathers have long stems so you will need to cut it until just a tiny bit is showing.
- Next cut the wire to about 10 inches. You will need a lot and you can cut some off if it becomes too long.
- Next take the wire and make a loop on one end of it. Place it next to the top of the feather. Pinch them together and start wrapping the wire around the feather covering the stem.
- Once the wire is wrapped, you can secure the end by pinching it to the top of the feather.
- Next take one of the earring loops, and with the pliers open the ring end.
- Place the wire loop inside the ring and close using the pliers.
- Now you have made your first pair!!